"Taking into Account"
JOHN FRIEDRICH: Catch Me if You Can - YOUR Story
Posted by SMP on December 11, 2012 at 15:42
We have set up this Network for the purpose of sharing information on a number of issues surrounding the closure of the National Safety Council of Australia (Victorian Division) and giving the opportunity for all involved to have their say in what really happened at the time. Looking back, there seems to have been real haste in shutting down this extraordinarily purposeful organization. There are many, many questions that remain unanswered despite the noise made by the media at the time (with so little answers as it transpired).
Here are a few:
• Did anyone in the public know the full extent of the good work NSCA (Vic) was doing and involved with?
• With so much goodwill from the hundreds of people involved in search-and-rescue and firefighting - to name a couple of services they provided - why did the government chose not to keep it going?
• Would it have made a difference having this organization today, particularly in view of disaster like "Black Saturday" bushfires (with respect to the great work many did on and since that day)?
• Who really was John Friedrich? Was he really just a conman or a visionary?
• Why did all investigations stop after his death, that occurred only a few days before his day in court and did he really pulled the trigger?